Saturday, December 22, 2012

Save your women

Starts with a perverted stare, grows as a touch on her butt, continues as a pinch, may even extend to laying hands on her boobs and finally ends with rape. And after everything is done and dusted it is made up with a word - "MISTAKE"! 
 
After reading about the inhuman treatment a Delhi girl suffered, I knew what I had to do. No, I'm not sharing this 'cause rape is trending these days, but 'cause I know it is not just me, there are women who have gone through the same, or maybe worse. They have not forgotten, but IGNORED it. 

A regular, jeans and t-shirt type, FYJC student who used to run for 11:01 Churchgate fast. That was ME! 

As usual, I left home late. Caught a rick and rushed to the station, gave the rickshaw waala Rs.10 ka note, he tried to touch my hand "accidently". Felt odd though but who has the time to think when you are missing your train.

Caught the train, managed to push in and got off at Andheri. 

That feeling when someone is staring at you, yeaah, I felt something like that. Soon, my eyes found that man - dark skinned, a paan in his mouth and biting his lips looking at me. My instincts warned me. Soon everyone rushed towards the bridge. Now the problem is, there are no separate bridges, so everyone rushes together. That's when I found a hand slowly touching my bag and moving downward, I looked behind to spot him smiling. Helplessly I moved infront of an aunty. But soon he found his new target - a young girl in a burkha. We were mutually supporting each other while climbing up. Soon, he did what he was an expert at. Unexpectedly, the girl screamed "kon hai bey chutiya!". He smartly sneaked his hand in, but it was too late. The women realized an beat him up with their hands, and I smiled at her and left. 

That girl made me realize my mistake. Why didn't I raise my voice when I was uncomfortable? Why did I tolerate his non-sense? Made me realize how easy a target I was! 

No, I never met the girl after that. I don't even know how she looks. All I know is she was stronger than me and taught me something that I will never forget. A random teacher! 


4 comments:

  1. yup I agree...too often we ignore things till they grow out of proportion...
    lookingoodfeelingfab.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely written!! #observation! and for putting it on a mark, she was stronger then you only for a reason that she would have experienced something in the same manner as you, and she would have replied in that same way as you did.

    #watching other's step ends up in building you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Done! Bravo! Prevention is Better then Cure! Go ahead Ladies, We All r with you all as a Steady Mountains!

    ReplyDelete