Friday, September 7, 2012

Being a gamophobic,an individual who fears commitment, I always wondered why marriages are so hyped.  Typical Indian daddy dialogue : “Apne ghar jayegi toh essa karegi”  has always pricked me a little inside.  Many times we ignore, other times we get into petty fights.  So after hours of scratching my head, “live-in-relationship” popped up.  Sounds real simple to do, I know, but even in 2012 , live in relationships are a ” Haww! ” factor in the Indian society.  You may say I’m young and naive, I agree. But tell me isn’t it better to be in bed alone rather than having a pillow separating your partner just to make sure you don’t  make contact in the middle of the night? Marriage kills the romance . The feeling of being with someone can’t be killed by a long term commitment, can it? 
Two people. Two careers. One house. NO marriage. In my opinion, the most convenient way to be with the person  you love. 

6 comments:

  1. completely true... But in India will take some will power to actually walk that path... Searching for such a soul mate but evry gal directly or indirectly has the first question "will you marry me?" even on a lil bit of flirting... Sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear confused dude,the secret of making this work is finding a partner who understand you and is ready to live with you, without a marriage certificate. So go out, find that girl and live happily ever after! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont agree, If you think you have found the guy with whom you wanna spend the rest of your life, marriage or no marriage makes no difference.

    ReplyDelete